In November 1960, Le Corbusier inspected the site of the future pavilion on Höschgasse. Bordering the plot on the left was a wooden studio built in 1932 by sculptor Hermann Haller (1880–1950), who made the equestrian statue of Mayor Hans Waldmann that dominates the bridgehead of the Münsterbrücke on the left bank of the river Limmat. Le Corbusier had long hoped that Haller’s studio would be demolished to make more space for direct access to the pavilion. In the direction of the lake stands the Villa Egli, one of the most striking buildings along the lakeside promenade. Built between 1897 and 1902 by Gottfried Semper student Alexander Koch (1848–1911) in the historicist style, the residence is currently leased to private individuals.
In the future, the lower stretch of Höschgasse is to be developed into an attractive museum district, which will include the Museum Bellerive. A common entrance to the Haller studio and the pavilion has already been realized, as well as a path leading to the Blatterwiese meadow.